Big kids, little kids, playing is good for all kids! Playing is fun, but did you know it’s also a really important way for kids to learn, develop and stay healthy?
Playing helps children learn.
Parents and grandparents are the biggest supporters of children’s learning. By making time to play, you are making time to learn. Playing promotes:
- physical abilities – like balancing blocks and running on the playground
- cooperation and social skills – like learning to share with other kids in a play group
- cognitive skills – like math and problem solving by counting how many red birds are in the park
- imagination and creativity – by guessing what shape a cloud looks like or hopping like a bunny
- self-esteem – by being praised for trying something new, like going down a slide
Playing can help children be healthy and active.
Kids who play outside are happier, healthier, and stronger! Studies show that children who play outdoors regularly:
- Become fitter and leaner
- Develop stronger immune systems
- Have more active imaginations
- Have lower stress levels
- Play more creatively
Alexandria has lots of different types of places to play. Click here to find places to play for your kids.